It’s an absolute honour to bring you this episode of the Love, Sex + Magic Podcast with none other than Mastin Kipp. Mastin is one of the greatest thought leaders of our time, and this was recognised by his mention in Oprah’s SuperSoul100.
It’s no surprise then, that this episode is medicine for the soul. Mastin lets us in on his practical approach to healing our trauma, and how we can use it to elevate ourselves and those around us. He defines exactly what trauma looks like (spoiler: it doesn’t always come with a capital T!), and we mix the spiritual with science to dig deep and discover the ways in which it can show up for us in life.
We chat ancestral trauma, collective trauma, attachment styles, addiction, psychological disorders, and psychedelics for integration of trauma healing. As well as all this, Mastin explains where such trauma is stored in the physical body and how to release it. We riff on relationships to define the difference between a triggering dynamic and a healthy, healing space for mutual growth, and share exactly how you can spot a healing partner from a toxic one.
Mastin also reveals how we can reshape and deshame limiting beliefs, to create rapid transformation and live a happier, healthier life with purpose. He believes committing to this work on ourselves can actually take us ‘beyond spiritual growth’. It’s practical magic – so this episode isn’t one to be missed!
- 3:37 Mastin’s journey with trauma
- 6:56 Defining trauma and addiction
- 12:57 Deshaming limiting beliefs
- 14:18 How to spot your trauma through triggers
- 15:39 Giving a voice to trauma
- 16:26 Relationships as a safe space to heal
- 27:05 The key benefits of healing trauma
- 34:42 Where trauma is stored in the body
- 41:18 Psychedelics for integration – not escape
- 46:53 Parentification and powerlessness – a personal issue
- 1:05:35 What Mastin’s got coming up
- 1:06:40 The 3 questions I ask every LSM guest
Want behind-the-scenes audio and video footage?
Then be sure to join my monthly membership for your soul, The Goddess Collective.
Goddess Collective members unlock access to extra “after the cut” content from each and every interview I host. During this segment of the podcast (which is recorded only for Collective members, and hosted inside the Collective website), questions that are submitted by the Goddesses are answered by podcast guests.
Click here to join, and access Mastin’s (and every other guest’s) behind-the-scenes footage: https://bit.ly/3gf5hii