½ cup cooked quinoa
½ sweet potato
8-10 broccoli florets
1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
½ avocado, chopped
Drizzle of olive oil or tamari
Sea salt and garlic powder to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 ºC.
2. To cook the quinoa, start by rinsing 1 cup in a fine-mesh strainer and cook it in a saucepan of 2 cups of salted boiling water until rice like consistency.
3. Line up a baking tray with parchment paper. Carefully wash the sweet potato and roughly cut it into chunks. In one half of the tray place the sweet potato chunks and the broccoli florets in the other. Drizzle with olive or coconut oil, sea salt and garlic powder. Carefully stir so that they’re all evenly coated.
4. Take to the oven and roast for 40 – 50 min, flipping the veggies halfway through.
5. In a bowl place the quinoa, cooked chickpeas, and sweet potato, broccoli and avocado chunks. Drizzle with olive oil or tamari.
6. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is super easy, healthy, nourishing, filling and incredibly delicious. It makes an amazing go-to lunch to take with you before you leave the house to enjoy your day. And if you want you can even double the recipe and store in the fridge for an easy and quick meal option.